Ok today, to go along with the review, I'm doing a simple update to my Belgian Dark Strong Ale I am brewing. I took a gravity reading Sunday night (1/20/13) and in eight days the gravity had gone down to 1.028. This puts the brew around 7.5% ABV and leaves it just a hint on the sweet side. I shook my fermenter up and am going to let it go for another week before I bottle it. After it's bottled it will have to condition for a month or so.
I did a little taste test as well and can tell this thing is going to be a good brew. There was just enough hop presence and the fruits were nice as well. Definitely a Belgian spice already showing itself too. Again, it was on the sweet side but that was because of the fermentables left in there to finish. Hopefully that little shake and shimmy I did will get the yeast working again for just a little bit longer. My target FG is 1.020. So there isn't much left to hit it. If it get's a little lower that's fine, maybe it will dry out a bit more. Either way this brew looks like it will be a good one. I'm interested to see how it turns out!
I'll post some more when I take my final gravity reading and get this thing into bottles.